Tuesday 12 June 2012

All Eyes On Me...





I have walked the streets for what it seems a lifetime
Some things I have seen on my journey I wish were never in my eye line
That’s the reason why I have grown accustomed to a humble life
A humble life which is opposed to a life in the spotlight
Ironically I walk beside the streetlights
At times they blind my mind’s eye
Sometimes I wish I was born blind
Walking the streets has made me think I would had a better life
A better life without the use of my eyesight
 Already I have used the word eye technically ten times
You can call me a visionary if you like
I have visions as a result of my concrete dreams
It seems I have spent my whole life walking the streets
The idea of a family is only memory to me
Literally the life I had lives long in the memory
What I wish it had been like
But regrettably I have to admit I can’t create a false simile
All I can do is quite simply put words together
Attempt to use metaphors to show the experiences I met before
With the use of my experiences I create sentences
I find time to even create stories through the use of my thoughts
All I do is put words together to tell a story
I live in hope the words fit together in holy matrimony
I refuse to create a fairy-tale which will deliver me away from the adversity
I have grown up to learn to let the pain nurture me
I have got the face they rather not see
The face they rather not see at the dinner table while they eat
I don’t blame them
I don’t care if they actually fail to even mention me
I know when their eyes cross the tension in the air
The tension in the air is for all eyes to see
That’s the reason why I probably choose to remain lost
You could say I chose to be willingly kidnapped by the streets
The problem was they used to act when I was around
So that’s probably the reason why they eventually cut me out the scene
There left enchanted by the fantasy
Enchanted by the fantasy to escape to an alternate reality
Walking on the windy nights you have to get used to the harsh scenery
As the wind blows I’m haunted by what I once could have achieved
The whispers within the wind haunts me and taunts me
I had it all once but I wasn’t mentally ready to believe
Each day I take time to wash away my footsteps
I wash away my footsteps as truthfully I think nobody should follow me
I drift from one place to another in complete harmony
People should use me as an example and have the want to achieve
I walk night and day not knowing who I’m going to meet
I walk night and day knowing the next meal is not guaranteed
I walk in hope for the land that is promised to me
Something tells me this story is familiar
This story is familiar as many have walked before me
Some say even in a biblical story people walked driven by prophecy
Where in the world is there a place in the world away from poverty?
I can only question as I don’t have all the answers
Most of the time you have to read between the lines
Read between the lines to embark on a journey through my story
When you were inside in the warm
I was out in the storm
I was out that night when the rain dropped
Overtime you get used to it
You learn to glide in between the rain drops
When the rained stopped the pain didn’t stop
The pain keeps me going so I busk till dawn...





No comments:

Post a Comment