Sunday 21 October 2012

Cafe Jouissance...



I remember the day I woke up inside
Inside the café to the bittersweet sweet smell of decafe
I remember telling the waiting waitress inside the café
I remember telling the waiting waitress about the delightful decafe
The waiting waitress had caught my watchful eyes
The waiting waitress waited watchfully
The waiting waitress waited watchfully waiting
The waiting waitress waited watchfully waiting for the catch
In matter of fact there was a catch
Imagine that in matter of fact there was a catch
Imagine that in matter of fact there was a catch and it was a chat
We went at it
We went at it as we chatted
We went at it as we chatted and acted
We went at it as we chatted and acted at the counter
We chatted and acted at the counter but every chat up line she counter acted
Imagine that the counteraction led me to act so I acted
Imagine that the counteraction led me to act so I acted with action
I acted with action
I acted with action which led to a reaction
I acted with action which led to a reaction which was passion
Which was passion but at least I can now passionately say
I can now passionately say she now wakes up next to me
Wakes up next to me in a new reality
In a new reality with her thought finally free
Finally free from the café and bittersweet sweet smell of decafe



2 comments:

  1. I've read quite a few of your poems and I can say that I'm intrigued by the way you use your words. Alliteration is prevalent in a lot of your work, which builds pace and creates dynamic. However; does it withdraw from the core of the piece? Or is this intended?

    Another Sister x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time out to read my poems I am very grateful and I am very grateful that you have furthered your interest by leaving comment. The alteration that I have used within my last pieces of work have indeed been intentional as I always am trying to innovate and experiment with styles when retailing/writing the stories. My poetry has a strong influence from rap poetry so this something I am trying exploit within the poems over the last couple of months. I do regard the meaning of the story as important as the linguistics used, which I take into consideration when using the alliteration. so I refrain myself from over working a piece with alliteration, but even I have to admit that have grown fond of it and have relied on it a lot. Its something that I just felt readers will enjoy more whilst reading. well I am still experimenting with verse, I'm just waiting to see if I got a few more tricks up my sleeve.

      thanks again
      Just Another Brother ;)

      Delete