Saturday 8 September 2012

The Beast Within The Boy...





I had arrived
I had arrived back
I had arrived back in class
I had arrived back in class with a new task 
I had arrived back in class with a new task and new smarts
I had arrived back in class with a new task and new smarts and my thoughts
My thoughts
My thoughts had crawled through the dirt
My thoughts had crawled through the dirt and had been revived
My thoughts had crawled through the dirt and had been revived inside
My thoughts had crawled through the dirt and had been revived inside this mind
My thoughts had crawled through the dirt and had been revived inside this mind of mine
This mind of mine
This mind of mine had once given me sight
This mind of mine had once given me sight to realize
This mind of mine had once given me sight to realize I could reach new heights
This mind of mine had once given me sight to realize I could reach new heights and fly
This mind of mine had once given me sight to realize I could reach new heights and fly until my thoughts fell from the skies
My thoughts fell from the skies
My thoughts fell from the skies of this mind
My thoughts fell from the skies of this mind of mine
My thoughts fell from the skies of this mind of mine with the pride
My thoughts fell from the skies of this mind of mine with the pride of life
My thoughts fell from the skies of this mind of mine with the pride of life blaming my mind
Blaming my mind
Blaming my mind my thoughts
Blaming my mind my thoughts became enflamed
Blaming my mind my thoughts became enflamed with rage
Blaming my mind my thoughts became enflamed with rage as they travelled through the flames
Blaming my mind my thoughts became enflamed with rage as they travelled through the flames caged
Through the flames caged
Through the flames caged in a cage
Through the flames caged in a cage enraged
Through the flames caged in a cage enraged chained
Through the flames caged in a cage enraged chained in chains
Through the flames caged in a cage enraged chained in chains until they realised what they were gave
We realised what we were gave
We realised what we were gave were real eyes
We realised what we were gave were real eyes and a real lease of life
We realised what we were gave were real eyes and a real lease of life in order to realise
We realised what we were gave were real eyes and real life lease of life in order to realise what lies
We realised what we were gave were real eyes and real life lease of life in order to realise what lies in the boy’s great mind
But even we were left wondering whether or not the boy was within the beast or whether the beast was within the boy? 



No comments:

Post a Comment