Sunday 18 March 2012

The Equation of Business...


A conversation with a Nigerian typically started with 419
The last number he said went over my head
He kindly broke it down for me, and brought out his 4 5
He said in his best English accent
Don't cross me mate and something like he possessed 9 lives
He said he’s taken 2 so he replaced the 9 with a 3 8
He said my brother in this game you can’t be labelled a sheg
How many squares can you get me my young blood?
As for you I can open new doors
Literally everything we make we will go half's
By next week I'll have you in a range
A new 4 by 4
Rule number one son
Don't trust anybody in business
Half of me believed him
I smiled to myself as I knew
I knew if he crossed me
I knew I had a cousin that held a deuce deuce
He sensed tension in the air
He said it’s up to you
You choose
He said the problem with the world
Is that people fail to realize money don't talk people do
I replied when it comes to money I’m fluent in most languages
So when the money comes
You better
Pay up my money Kwasia Oyinbo
I had an Accraian tongue with a Nigerian flow
He said I've always liked you boy
As I said that's not how deep my lyrical intelligence goes
Purtain de merde son
He was stunned to see I could a little French though
So shell shocked he put down the guns
Smiled with me and said let’s talk business over lunch,
Let’s go out
I got a voucher and it’s a 2 for 1.