Friday 24 February 2012

The Howl Within The Woods Pt 2: A Gift From The Devil


If only you could see
Touch my fur Alpha
Feel the marks that appear on my frame
Feel the frame that holds the ugly picture of regret within
Take pleasure in knowing you will not suffer the same fate
He wrote your story listen to my voice now
Listen to my voice as I give you directions to your last page
Take the pen as you’re in charge of your last chapter
The amount of times you have been written off doesn't matter
It’s time for you to take charge on the arctic stage
The harsh reality of life is some see life as a performance
People within society always strive to take centre stage
They always find new innovative ways
Innovative ways to rant and rave
My home is here I'm here to stay
I need you to emerge from the midst of the flames
Arise from the flames filled with wolf roars
I was once a king among men now I'm a lost cause
I was once a member of a wolf pack just like you
Now I walk alone within the flames with my heart torn
Why does everyone think I have been left scorned?
I tried to put things right many times
I have climbed the cliffs for centuries
For centuries for a chance to explain
But who do you think halted me?
Who do you think crushed my wolf paws?
Who do you think made sure they filed my wolf claws?
I have been labelled a widespread pandemic
A disease without cure
Why does the world with every doctor's diagnosis seem so assured?
The shepherds assure the sheep everything will be alright
They move in line to the slaughter in a herd
Something tells me you’re different
Arise to hear the teary howls as you’re missed
I even cry sometimes
Who do think formed the river of sticks?
I cry sometimes over the miscalculated risk I choose to commit
I don't cry all the time
Sometimes I sit in frustration on the floor
Sit in frustration clawing out the holy pages
You must learn you can’t play by the book all the time
As I tear the pages I long for forgiveness
Forgiveness is the only thought that runs through this mind of mine
I have taken my place within the woods
The branches act as chains
I was the Mystic wood's first slave
I was left alone without a slave master
I giving you a chance to become the first returning Marta
It’s time to get up Alpha and bathe in the river of sticks
Bathe in the river of sticks to wash the blood away
Heal your remaining wounds and howl in the water
Alpha show me how deep your passion for survival goes
Hold your head high this time
Hold it higher than mine could ever go
I recognize people find too easy to blame me
Even you Alpha have found it too easy to hate me
I have watched you from the shadows before
Your pain beneath the fur was for all to see
Disregard how the media portrays me
When the world loses one of its sons
They blame me
They say I'm the one who introduced the world to the guns
To think I'm the one they think
I'm the one they think supplied their sons with a gun license
I can’t dwell on this
Alpha you have a shot at being a living legend so arise kid
Without your eyes you’re still as carnivorous as always
They wish they could have seen the world through your eyes
The opportunity in front of you
I bet they could never have visualized this
They write me out of the history books
I have the howl that never was
Arise Alpha as you have a howl with a cause
My parting gift to you is my eyes
My eyes are now yours