Wednesday 19 October 2011

Being Black...


Descended from slaves but I still find myself a slave within modern society,
The term working for your wage gets thrown about a lot
But really are there opportunities of change for a black youth from south London,
The media seem to think there’s none, picturing me as a statistic
Not as an individual with grand ideas, goals and morals
Label me as I even begin to speak
Probably have a heart attack if I even tried articulating my ideas

I could never be ashamed of my colour,
I take pride in it my black birthday suit is probably the best item in my wardrobe
Others have altered their design to fit in with the expectations of society
Only God can judge so what’s the chance of me being a critic
But to be honest I wouldn’t change a single thing
From the sole of my feet to the top of my head
I stand proud to say I’m Black and embrace the hardships that entail with it

As a Minority would you say are we not getting heard?
Or are we just afraid to speak?
But as a collective we should never feel to be silenced
I would love to see a Black pm one day maybe
Erm on second thoughts I take it back would he/she have the freedom of expression
Would he/she be self-conscious of his or her actions within an English Britain?
Well good luck barack I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment