Saturday 14 April 2012

Something I Wrote A Year Ago...

Well where do I begin, well I guess the beginning is best..

To think about life as a social construct is a difficult and challenging factor, but I guess it is what you make it. The main topic of my thoughts right is about the term of independence and how it can be applied to everyday life. The common knowledge of life is that you only live once; there isn’t a repeat or any second chances. If you’re a religious person then there is the promise of an afterlife, but in contrast if you’re not then this is basically it for you I don’t honestly mean to sound anti I’m just being a young realist. In all walks of life a person lives one life, is evidently able to be in control of his or hers destiny. The society that we live in today is led us to believe that we as people should live our life’s on others opinions.  The modern society has shown us to base our very own dress sense, musical taste and other interests on the environment that we as individuals find us in.

This is where my actual argument begins to shape because personally, if my short stay on this earth was shaped by another I have personally not lived life. If I regard my dress sense, the way I act or even what eat to be influenced by another I’m not in control of my own destiny. The values of a person should be able to differ from person to person, another’s person’s views shouldn’t be stigmatised but if I personally don’t agree with something you do, who am I to pass judgement that’s how you choose to live your life and good luck with that. At the end of the day I’m 20 now and I don’t want to be 40 saying that I lived 20 years for another. As a person you shouldn’t feel the need to be dependent on another, but gain confidence and independence to be different and speak about your own personal beliefs...

No comments:

Post a Comment