Saturday 21 April 2012

The Thoughts Of Just Another Brother...

My slave name is Daniel Richard Nathan Thompson 
This is the last confession of a damned soul 
This is my last confession as I do my last walk on death row 
As I walked the preacher sprinkled me with holy water 
Sprinkled me with holy water which ran from my head to my throat 
As the water ran the boys sang
The boys sang wade in the water as they watched me go 
I said one last word before I go 
The warden said 
"Speak" 
I Said 
"Mama Young Bubuloo loves you but uncles calling me home" 
That was my last confession before I was taken from sweet home 
Most of the time my mind felt split in two 
I remember the good old days I spent in solitude 
The days when it felt like someone pierced my head 
Felt like someone pierced my head and sent a javelin through 
I remember the good old days I spent time in the hole 
I remember getting into a jail fight one time 
I remember getting ambushed in showers with a pole 
This is my story 
This my story some say it ended a little prematurely 
In the end it ended a little gory 
But I'm just another brother so there's no need to morn me 
My story ended in the chair 
My mind in full flight in the sky 
My mind in the flights of the sky sailing through the air 
My mind felt trapped encircling the same continent 
It dream't of greater adventures and the distant shores 
Where was my true destination 
My mind wasn't sure 
My mind was and still is like a pyramid 
All the thoughts within are written in hieroglyphs 
The traps are set for a unfortunate few 
For a unfortunate few to fly through the trap doors 
To fly through to crack their skulls on the floors 
As the sandstorm begins 
All the blocks of bricks crumble and my mind shifts 
My mind shifts just like the shifts of a rub-ix 
Ironically all the squares are red 
I think my minds fixed
The color my mind wants me to see 
My mind picks 
Thoughts run through my mind 
My mind kicks 
Some of the thoughts I have are just ruthless 
Ruthless to show similarities to Anubis 
Difference is there's nothing legendary about me 
the shape of my thoughts are similar to a Greek myth 
I compare my mind to a Greek myth as its similar to Tartarus
With every new thought and it seems my mind sins
A new opportunity for thought was felt
Felt as they hit the light switch
It was denied as my minds like a disobedient child 
A disobedient child I need to get my mind pinched 
Sometimes It thinks like a slave 
I need to get my mind lynched 
My mind always strives for freedom I've noticed 
It tries to run for my miles when I only give it an inch 
My mind thinks highly of itself and tries to climb cliffs 
That day 
It was brought back down to earth 
As they tightened the straps upon my wrists 
As they tightened the straps 
One by one they headed for the door 
In my chair I jolted forward 
I know my mind felt it 
I felt my mind wince
Their eyes crystallized to see my brains on the floor
I'm actually glad they saved me from all the senseless violence 
My screams were heard through the walls as time ticked 
My mind began to howl for the moon 
I know it wished werewolves were real 
wished werewolves were real so there would be blood all over the room 
The last howl in room was heard as the clock struck noon 
As the clock struck noon
All watching had assumed I had met my doom 
But little did they know my inner flame still burns beneath my eyelids...







No comments:

Post a Comment