Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Tale Of Two...


Our journey began together
We were Siamese
We shared the smarts, heart and kidneys
The story of Jekyll and Hyde that came to life
We couldn't open our eyes at birth wide
So the doctors made a joke that we were Chinese
A turn for a worst Mama thought was highly unlikely
In all the things that shes been through
This she didn't deserve
I saw it in her eyes she looked at my life as a curse
As a curse that caused her to go crazy
As a curse that led one of her sons into a hearse
The day after he died
They found me wrapped in a sheet
I can’t remember but it must have been cold outside
They found me outside a church
It started to rain as I cried
My own pathetic fallacy
How could things get any worse?
Any poor soul watching must have hoped
Hoped I drowned from within side
He took our cradle to the grave
I kept our brown bear
As the door opened widely the figure appeared scared
He smiled and said
" It’s God's divine will"
 He hurried us in and took me inside to dry
 To dry away my tears and hopefully the pain on the inside
 Momentarily the pain disappeared
I smiled as he bathed me
He gasped as he checked my skin
Gasped as he saw all the scars that appeared
His mind in a instant became clear
He had lost a son once
Within me he thought the dead spirit of his son reappeared
He just wanted at least half of what his son was
How ironic as exactly that's what I was
I was half of a son 
He just wanted what he once had
He wanted the joys of being called dad
He looked me in the eye and said
"I just want you to achieve like your big brother"
I know you’re small now
But truthfully you can be anything you want to be
He tickled my stomach and whispered
"Just don't become another wannabe"
He started singing just as I fell asleep
I had a dream
I had a dream of what could have been



No comments:

Post a Comment