Monday 19 August 2013

A Shot At Love...



Do you remember that day?
Do remember that day? That me and you met on the shooting range?
 If you don’t, don’t worry, as I remember that day  
  That day you caught my gaze, as you took your aim, and held your gun in range
I can’t lie, I was mesmerised, as I tried, to catch the whites, of your eyes
It wasn’t a surprise, that I saw the whites, of your eyes, on another guy, under the spotlight
He shone in the spotlight, and I, was the guy
And I, was the guy, that was in the dark, in on your blind side
In on your blind side, as I, as I tried, to make side, side eyes, at you from the side-lines
  From the side-lines, I had to face it, you must thought I was strange, as you held your gun in range,
Truthfully and admittedly, as stood in my space, I started to stare into space
Truthfully and admittedly, you made me see the moons and stars,
See the moon and stars, as I tried glance, into the deep reaches of your heart
 The deep reaches of your heart, but as your gun sparked, I truthfully and admittedly
I truthfully and admittedly, I saw a spark, so I took a wish, as you took a hit
As to me the spark, looked like a shooting star
I know you knew I was staring at you, but I know you knew my eyes didn’t move
 I know you knew they on were on you, I know I knew it made you laugh
I know I knew it made you laugh, so I took a breath, put on my bulletproof vest, yeah I said,
Yeah I said, a breath, because truthfully and admittedly, I know I knew I just had to gasp
I remember that as I caressed my gun in my palm, I remember that as I steadied my arm,
As I steadied my arm, I knew, it was you, that I knew, that I wanted you, in my grasp
 However, I remember just as I was about to get up, there went the sound of the alarm,
  The alarm, but, truthfully and admittedly I was still staring at your but, as you strolled past
I reached for your arm, I knew I threw you off guard, but truthfully and admittedly I meant no harm
I meant no harm, as truthfully admittedly tried to charm you with charm
I took my best shot at you, as I left you took a breath, I knew your head was gone
Do you remember the day me and you headed back to the shooting range?
Do you remember the day me and you headed back to the shooting range after dark?
Do you remember the day you wanted see my gun play?
Do you remember the day you wanted to hold onto my shaft?
You and I held my gun together, I looked into your eyes, I smiled because I could see your pleasure
I put my hands up, truthfully and admittedly
Truthfully and admittedly, from your clenched fist, I felt your sweat drip, I felt your grip quint
I felt your grip quint, so truthfully and admittedly, the first round of clips, I busted off a little quick
Truthfully and admittedly, you made nervous, truthfully and admittedly
Truthfully and admittedly, in my head I started to curse, curse in cursive, but  
 But you my took arm a-gain, and we took aim a-again, as we a-gain stood in the lane,
 We took aim a-gain, as we a-gain stood in the lane, we took grip, we cocked and reloaded the clip,
 We cocked and reloaded the clip, as we cocked and steadied our hips
 We gained a firm grip, your back against my chest, I felt your heart sink, as we gripped
 As we gripped my gun side-ways, long-ways, front-ways, back-ways
Back- ways, then you looked at me in a way to say, come on please, just release, just squeeze
Just squeeze, as I changed my grip, I felt the curl of your finger tips, I felt the arch in your back dip
I felt the curl of your finger tips, I felt the arch in your back dip, I felt the shake through your hips
I felt your sweat drip, I felt your clenched fist, I felt your grip quint, so I released my grip
I released my grip, as we eased out the clip,
I remember as we changed into plain clothes, I remember as I put on my trench coat
I remember I choose to give my best shot at some indecent sexual innuendos,
You smiled, as me and you together looked at each other in the eyes
Looked at each other in the eyes, in the spotlight
Truthfully and admittedly, from that day

From that day I solemnly swear hand on heart I knew it was you that would be my partner in crime



No comments:

Post a Comment