Thursday 29 December 2011

The Young Dreamer...


The boy silently pondered to himself, where did he see himself in the future
Thoughts a little premature for a mere baby,
but the thoughts of the satisfaction of success were long over due
He was born with a winning mentality, which was instilled within the brain of his
What a lucky child he was but he never knew it
He woke up sometimes in a daze, sheets soaked in a cold sweat
Asked while he rocked back and forth
How can everything that I've dreamt be made real
That's a question I guess he struggled with
As he sat up with a universal question that went answered,
but little did he know what a star he was

 He cried out for comfort, asked again
How do I stay motivated with all problems that I face on a daily basis
What problems does a mere boy have society responded
The voice that echoed though out the room
Everyone has problems, his reply short yet O so sweet just like him
That gives a whole new meaning to 1st person
He stared at the reflection in the mirror,
As the lights from his window, captured his line of thought
Play times over for myself he guessed, 
It was time for him to realize that he was in the process of becoming a fully-fledged adult
He gritted his teeth, pulled up his pyjama bottoms.
Thought to himself, Its time to take my place among the many others
Full in line, Full in rank, but realize I can take charge of myself

As in the end I'm a one man army
I have my own individual battles when there is nobody around me
I can speak for myself, use my mouth as a weapon, take aim, let loose, and fire.
There's a gradual change afoot but I want to remain the same.......BANG
Stay grounded with the true people around me........BANG
Never lose sight of my goal.........BANG
Grow to be the best man that I can be.........BANG
I want to banish the feeling of regret forever.........BANG

A silence fell in the room, as the lad still in deep thought
Thought to himself again
How do I stay motivated to do this, what’s my incentive?
My incentive is probably to feel that I have been successful, when I actually look back on life
To know that I have lived to my full potential
No regrets as the pain is only a formality for some
I hope to look back as I pass my knowledge that I have gained to those around me
Use the satisfaction of helping others as my medals,
Take pride with a smile for myself
He felt a hand on his shoulder, realized he was not alone on his journey
He was joined by his father at the window
As the last ember from the fireworks fell, he told himself,
That he didn't want his dreams to be put out with it


Happy New Year Everybody 






No comments:

Post a Comment