Monday 12 December 2011

Lets Rip The Runway...

I hopped out my bed turned my swag on looked out the window and said “damn well aint that a  b**** why’s it raining”
Back to bed I remembered dis one summer, dis one chick

I had my snapback on I’m finally a cool kid

You would have laughed to see how quick my neck snapped to watch her back
“Ayo shawty” so what if I got air I still got my Jordan’s on
Limited edition I’m need of a crep check so grab a camera freeze frame
But as I pose and stand still life continues
As I sweat for free in my Gucci I think about you in the shop in Taiwan you had to sweat for your money
You had to sweat to eat thinking about your next meal what a fucked reality
So I’m here thinking about a trip to NY, Paris, Milan the fine ass models
As you rip the catwalk how much kids in this world are looking to run way
Abused at 12 alcoholic step fathers, bully’s at school no place to go
And sometimes the main concern in this western world is how much name brands you want to show
I’m comfortable in my own skin but I won’t tell a lie I don’t step foot in Primark
I like to splash a little but my fashion obsession isn’t that deep
Thoughts of 14 years or so back and how my mum raised me
Single mum flat in south London I took what I was given
Now I’m caught up in society thinking about how I’m going to sustain the dream of higher living
Sometimes you don’t just have to look at labels because personally
If you have got one monclear jacket doesn’t necessarily mean that you have gone clear
But trust me I won’t knock your hustle it’s a nice coat an very expensive too
Just be thankful its worst in some parts of the world

No comments:

Post a Comment