Monday 19 December 2011

Living Colour...

When I sit and watch the sunset, I know you watch it too,
Just from another viewpoint you watch it too
When I wake to run my bath
You make your way to the river as I you just to wash too
As I decide what to eat for breakfast
You eat what is given I know you’re hungry too
As I clothe my skin in the latest fashions
You make do you just want to be warm too

I’m given the chance of better education
If only u had it too
My worries focus on sex, girls and money
If you were in my position would you think like me too?
The culture that consumes me excites you
You would probably literally kill to be in my position too
I care about number one call me a hustler
But your selfless head of a family at 15 you think of your brothers and sisters too
At the end of the day I think I envy you

As you enjoy the basics of life I wonder who’s in a better position me or you
You smile I smile I’m proud to be black I know you are too
Knowing that you’re black should make you have no limits
I'm a product of the western world but I would rather be like you



No comments:

Post a Comment