Wednesday 11 January 2012

Slave Child...


The journey began for the boy in the wide ocean
How small he was, he didn't know what awaited him
Unaware of his surroundings he didn't know if fate was playing with him
His mama has a nickname for him Bubaloo but how that's changed
Conformed to society he’s now addressed as mister
Given an English name so he’s seen in the game
His mother is his literal everything
He realized it long after he’s days on the shore
He wanted to tell her he loved her
With each day apart his love grew ever more
To him his mother is a queen
Even when he don’t show it
He quietly knows he’s done wrong in the past
But the love for he think she knows it
Within his relationship of course there's a third party
Call it a triangle forever jostling for love
But the third set of eyes needs to realize
The boy’s heart bears the name of his mama cus
Little Bubaloo just a mama's boy
He wishes never to be seen as a replica to his father figure
His feeling for his mother called it uzied feeling
Because forever it will be automatic
You can’t get in between a boy and his mama
The boy who strives to do his mama justice
But he knows he'll never be an Obama
When the boy was growing she suggested he change his last name
How he contested it
Now he realizes he wants to be nothing like his predecessor
Looks at his last name,
Thinks to himself how he’s gonna redefine it
His mother grew him up to be a strong black man
Told him to embody the real spirit of a black panther 
Who raised the kid?
His grandfather and his mother that's your answer
He had a dream one day that his mama died
He’s not ashamed to say he texted her to tell her he loved her
and shed a tear, so what if he cried
Who am I really proving myself to?
 Nobody
In the end of the world, all I have is my word and the thoughts of you
The reasons I write is to show if I died today
I’ll leave a legacy
To show how all of y'all how I felt
Normally you will see me
My mama knows I'm a quiet sorta Nigga
Who's
Too proud to articulate feeling and ask for help
It bothers me when the typical broads act like their gods
To me my mama will forever be my god
She is the one who sacrificed everything
So she’s the one who whom I stand to applaud
She deserves the recognition she never got
She sacrificed her birthday to give birth to me
Now let’s get back to my intentions of my story
The boy intertwined by the chain
Bubaloo just another slave
His mama felt his pain and wanted to give him freedom
Five month premature birth scare
Young Bubaloo nearly entered his grave
She shed the blood of a black woman
Mama the full 8 months you carried me
I thank you because you’re a strong black woman