Tuesday 17 January 2012

I'm More Than Just Another Brother...



The day Mama said you said you want to be just like me
I had pain in my heart
Whys that so hard to believe
I chuckled doe, told her to tell you I just want to be just like you
As the mistakes I have made in life,
Are so big it gets boring to look through
My dream for you, is for you to become a much better man than me
I can only advise
I won’t live your life for you
Little man you just got to want to achieve
Within the world that's filled with hate for a Nigga
The world that looks down on a Nigga
Little man you have a chance to prove wrong all them looks
But hey little man in the meantime I want you to enjoy your childhood
One of my biggest regrets is that I wasn't there the majority of the time
To see you grow to become the boy that stands in front of me
One thing ill forever ask is for you to never question my love for you
I would cut my legs off for you
Get up and walk to you
Just to tell you I love you g
You probably won’t understand what I'm trying to say to you at the moment
Your only six but in time
You’ll recognize what I've tried to say at this very moment
I deeply regret not being there for you
It got a bit hot for me in the family house
So I took some years out to get some ventilation
But I'm warning you bro don't follow me
The worlds got enough clones it needs no more imitations
Time to admit all the time's we play fight, I let you win
So if you’re reading this with a bit more age
Dial me b we can have a rematch
I’ll still tuck you in
Punch u up, den we can watch a movie together
That's what real bro love is
I got some things to teach you
But bro I’ll never preach to you
I’ll let you know, any problems with anyone an I'm not there
I got brothers from other mothers that would happily back the beef for you
These bros ain't bloodline like you and I
Me and you are just two of a kind
But these Nigga's have love for me
So that means they got love for you
Like Rome, these friendships weren't built in a day
So bro lesson number one
Learn to differentiate, brothers and associates early
Do I make myself clear is everything okay
Even little man watch out for family
Certain family would rather see a random person succeed
Then watch their own bloodline achieve
Right now my minds preoccupied by figures
I need to learn to make more time for you as life's more than just a business
Sometimes it is doe bro
I leave you with a question for your future self, as it pays to be different
If you went to the same job interview as others
And said the same shit
How you going to get a job?
Again sometimes it pays to be original.
But bro I got to go
I need to hold my tongue, I've said way too much as I'm no anarchist