Monday 9 January 2012

War Of Words...




My name is Nathan Richard's let me introduce myself at the start of the story
Since I got back from the war all the doctors tried to cure me
The day I got branded with my condition
I told myself I have to prove them wrong about the limitations of my condition
I can’t take nothing funny from the situation that faces me
The voice above isn't there so let’s just say I pray to me
Dear Nathan Richards please give me the strength to go on and stay motivated
I recognize my mistakes now Nathan Richard's I sincerely apologize for my lateness
Playing Truant in my mind,
Running away to bunk the problems until the pain died
When I was away we struggled together,
We were in the sun away from the gloomy American may weather
I cried to the sun make me a contender
As there is a big difference from just being another pretender
I'm in an African house my comrade interrupted; I said hold up, no need to show racism
He replied he’s not, war of the words started you can’t make a joke to cover up your hate for them
The Stephen Lawrence case, Racism
The Mark Duggan case, Racism
He said he’s only making banter
I couldn't even manage a smile in the sea of life, my soul started to drop like an anchor
My soul attempted to find light in a darkened place, but how optimistic
It prayed for help, but it’s going to have wait another 358 days an add it to his Christmas wish list

I’d rather be a stick then a tree trunk to show I'm not thick
Imagine that the above all went through my head, the day I found out I was dyslexic

No comments:

Post a Comment