Wednesday 4 January 2012

Im Just A Rubbish Man...

This is my story how I’m up early in the morning to survive within society. I’m just like everyone else within society but with me, you gain a long lasting first impression. You look at my job role and premeditate that I’m literally a piece of rubbish. You think before I speak that what I have to say is complete garbage. Whys this? It saddens me that you can knock my only way I have a chance to live and provide for my family, if I had my choice of course this wouldn’t be my desired career path, but I guess this is how everything has unfortunately turned out .
 I had dreams as a boy we all did but I cannot dwell on the what could have beens.  My invitation to parent’s day comes around every year, how you think that makes me feel? It pains my soul that my son recognises his old man is just a sanitary waste officer. You know what listen, I’m just a garbage man, sorry I got carried away, and I just have to get my kicks too. Why turn your nose up at me, I know I most likely smell, tell me something I don’t know , the smell potent but to me that’s the smell of hard work that brings food on my table, in anticipation for a new day.
My boyhood dream was to go traveling and explore the world, the farthest I get to explore nowadays is the borough of Brent. Yeah what a holiday, the cold English breeze, the sound of choice FM and maybe a coke if I’m feeling adventurous. Cus now my adventures are o so limited. My wife been begging me, to enrol on an evening college course but when will I have time when I have London streets to clean, I know I’m being a bit anal retentive but if I could ask one favour from you please put everything in the bag. Let’s start this New Year on a good note, cheers.
My parting advice to you, is don’t do a job, you don’t want to do, I’m only doing this to get my family through. Snap please it wasn’t in my sincere intentions to rhyme because you think I’m not that I’m not that smart you, sometimes you make me even question am I? You make me question my intelligence. I’m just another brother, manual hand that strengthens an emphasizes the position of Marxism, where the hell is meritocracy? But you know what I need to get back to work and fulfil my self-fulfilling prophecy and clean theses streets.


No comments:

Post a Comment