Tuesday 17 January 2012

Giving Hands...

Not everyone writes the same nowadays 
That being an easy thing to see
But we darken our minds, to blind us from the light on offer
Blind to the wonder of the word as it lays down on the page 
Roses are red, Violets are blue
Simple yet o so sweet 
The worlds against me yet still I rise 
The boy hoping to appear to stand up to the might of the world 
Kill, Stab, Bleed, Punch 
graphic but the inner pain on show
I traveled across the vast chasms of my mind 
Climbed the cliffs for answers
But stood in horror as I found emptiness
My mind literally a grand canyon of thought 
The girl able to articulate her thoughts the best way she can 
It maybe longer than others 
But her intentions still remain the same as the many others around 
The girl stigmatized doe
Claims are made shes tryna make a mockery of the not so literate other
Why?
We write together as a community to express ourselves, 
The best way we can so let your gifts be appreciated 
Treat everyday as Christmas 
In hope that we can pass on the writing spirit to our young...