Sunday 29 January 2012

Call For Arm's...




  Where am I?
I'm Greeted and disorientated by Buzzing
Suffering with the thoughts that I'm experiencing Amnesia
I can’t remember the thoughts of yesterday
I think my minds gone clubbing
My hairs falling out again the stress has set in
I'm sat with A hardened face
I'm Drunk, I'm slurring
You’re probably thinking that's reasons why I can’t get a decent word in
Alcohol isn't the message that I'm promoting so keep on reading
The child that watched helplessly his father raise a fist to his mother
In the name of Black Power
The child knows and grows like the animosity surrounding his people
So he wishes he can return the favour
In the name of Black Power
Raise one hand in victory and stand not alone on the podium
He hopes he’s joined by the unafraid others
In the name of Black Power
The buzzing's back I've taken a turn for the worst
I look in horror to see why as a community were cursed
Look upon two of my brothers fighting, intertwining in senseless violence
After all said and done another two locked up and the animosity heightened
What was a hook to first brother’s face
When the other brother’s upper lip got cut
Another two in a cage as family's in communities still crying freedoms a must
But for the two it’s not too late to stand together with a raised fist
In the name of Black Power
As a community we should stand to promote Black Power
But some of our own hide away behind their skin afraid
Who fathered these cowards?
Who am I to preach?
What I've said doesn't differ to anything that's been said before
Things get overlooked
That's why there's a long line at heaven’s door
All I'm offering is a view to the sick
My limitations suggest I can’t provide a cure
One brother can’t change the world’s ways
All he can do is sit and watch and embrace
Embrace everything and add it to his mind state
If he can’t change nothing
He might as well put on his own one man production
and stand on life's stage
Turn the lights down low
Stand on life's stage alone in darkness
With a fist raised in the name of Black Power
Finally silence the buzzing stopped
I feel like a downbeat slave with brand new independence
That's just stepped on into the mirror to embrace new opportunity
The reflection showing the fresh fade and an appearance that's new to me
As I stand to witness the last piece of hair fall to the ground
I have to add the story of Samson was a myth
I apologize for my lunacy
Power lies within
So I rise in the name of Black Power
It don't matter about ethic race
Because most of us bare the same face
The oppressed face that shows were a minority
The oppressed face that shows we struggle against the self-empowered majority
Most of us are smarter than them
Were an intellectual undervalued majority
We can stand together and raise a fist in the name of Black Power
I'm not writing to ignite my brothers and sisters into war
All I'm making is a call for arms...


Just Another Brother